Mocha Bread Pudding with Caramel Topping
- 10 oz. day-old Italian or French bread, torn into pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coffee-flavored liqueur or cold brewed coffee
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- Caramel Ice Cream Topping or Dulce le Leche topping
Heat oven to 325°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
In pan, gently mix bread pieces, dates, nuts, coconut and cinnamon.
In large bowl, mix butter, sugar and liqueur. Beat in eggs with spoon until well blended. Stir in half-and-half and milk. Pour over bread mixture in pan; toss to mix well. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes or until most of liquid has been absorbed.
Bake 1 hour or until set. Serve warm bread pudding with warm caramel topping.
Store in refrigerator.