Sicilian-Style Roasted Vegetables with Balsamic Syrup
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced lengthwise into 1⁄2-inch-thick strips
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest
Preheat oven to 375°F. Toss green beans and bell pepper strips with oil, salt, and pepper in large bowl. Spread in single layer on baking sheet, and roast 20 to 25 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender and beginning to brown, stirring occasionally.
Bring vinegar to a boil in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer 5 to 7 minutes, or until vinegar is thick and syrupy, stirring occasionally.
Toss green bean mixture with orange juice, lemon juice, and orange zest in large bowl.
Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Transfer to serving dish, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar syrup.